Understanding the Value of Your Assets
We manage capital (physical, enterprise, etc) assets because they deliver value. If we do good Capital Asset Management™ we will understand the value delivered by our assets, not just the depreciated cost and contribution. By understanding that better, we allow for future investment to sustain the value forecast from the asset's functionality.
Asset Management refers to the whole life cycle activities required to obtain an optimal balance of performance, risk, cost and opportunity with physical and their related intellectual assets. It is described in the international standards, ISO 55000 (Overview), 55001 (Requirements) and 55002 (Guidance) published in 2014. Many utilities (water, electric, gas and telecoms) and public sector organizations (infrastructure managers) are being required to apply good asset management practices by regulation. Industries where public safety and cost effectiveness are major concerns such as food, pharma and facilities management have all been early adopters. Resource industries (mining, oil and gas and mineral processing) are in the early stages of adopting all or parts of the standards. Other industry groups will eventually follow suit and the business case for good asset management becomes evident.
Understand what asset management is and can do for your business and what you will need to consider as you head down this path.
• Gain an appreciation of the broad scope and inter-connected nature of the Asset Management disciplines
• Understand the need for inter-departmental and inter-divisional collaboration to break from less efficient management approaches and begin managing the whole life cycle of your assets
• Learn where to find value in your Asset Management processes
• Understand where the major hurdles to unlocking Asset Management value lie and how to get started
• Learn about the role of each traditional department and how they will change in an Asset Management organization
Duration and Who Should Attend
For best results with Asset Management you will involve your engineering, maintenance, projects, production / operations, supply chain (particularly stores and procurement), human resources, information management and finance people.
Duration Who? Why?
½ day Executives and decision makers Understand the business case
1 day Departmental managers Understand what must happen
2 day Asset managers and supporting functional staff Understand what and how
• Certificate of completion will be provided by Conscious Reliability
Contact Conscious Reliability for a copy of the detailed course agenda.
February 25 - February 27
February 28 - March 1
March 4 - March 8
April 1 - April 3
April 2 - April 5